How to make drip coffee and the best drip coffee makers on the market.
Here are the steps on how to make drip coffee:
- Gather your materials. You will need a coffee maker, coffee grounds, water, and a filter.
- Fill the water reservoir with cold water. The amount of water you use will depend on how much coffee you want to make.
- Add coffee grounds to the filter. The amount of coffee grounds you use will also depend on how much coffee you want to make. A good rule of thumb is to use 2 tablespoons of ground coffee for every 6 ounces of water.
- Place the filter in the coffee maker and close the lid.
- Turn on the coffee maker and let it brew. The coffee will be ready in a few minutes.
- Pour yourself a cup and enjoy!
Here are some tips for making the best drip coffee:
- Use fresh, cold water.
- Use good quality coffee beans.
- Grind the coffee beans just before brewing.
- Clean your coffee maker regularly.
- Experiment with different types of coffee beans and grind sizes to find what you like best.
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when making drip coffee:
- Using stale or pre-ground coffee.
- Using too much or too little coffee.
- Not cleaning your coffee maker regularly.
- Overheating the water.
Best Drip Coffee Makers
Krups Simply Brew Coffee Maker
The Simply Brew Coffee Maker features a large door opening for easy refilling and a deep water tank to make up to 5 cups of coffee, The one-touch button on the side of the unit is so simple, whoever gets up first has no excuse to not make the coffee.
Hamilton Beach Drip Coffee Maker
The Hamilton Beach 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker can be programmed up to 24 hours in advance, so you can make sure you never miss your coffee wake-up call. Customize your cup with three brew options—regular, bold, or 1–4 cups. And pour your first cup fast before the brewing process is done, without compromising taste or creating a mess, with the auto pause and serve feature.
Amazon Basics 12-Cup Coffee Maker
The Amazon Basics 12-Cup Coffee Maker has a number of features that make it a great choice for coffee lovers. It has a 12-cup capacity, so you can make enough coffee for a large group, and it has a pause and serves function so you can pour yourself a cup of coffee without interrupting the brewing process. It also has a keep-warm function so your coffee will stay hot for up to two hours.
Elite Gourmet 5-Cup Coffeemaker
Start your day off right with the Elite Gourmet 5-Cup Coffeemaker. With its compact and sleek design that takes up limited counter space and fits into any nook. Quickly and effortlessly brew your favorite coffee to jump-start your day. No need to stop at a local coffee house to buy a cup of joe just to make it through the day. You can also use your own coffee grounds in the included reusable filter. Simply add fresh water to each brew. Cleanup is a cinch, all removable parts and accessories are dishwasher safe.
Mueller 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
All-in-one Mueller 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker which allows you to wake up to fresh coffee every morning. Eliminate the need to buy costly paper filters as this coffee machine has a permanent filter that can be removed and washed, however, filter paper can still be used if you prefer. Glass carafe with a 60oz capacity, allows you to brew a large amount of coffee up to 12 full cups, or simply choose 2 or 4 at a time. It has an easy-grip handle for comfortable, drip-free pouring. The dishwasher-safe carafe is made of high-quality, non-porous borosilicate glass, which won’t absorb odors, while its superb heat resistance will keep your coffee hotter for longer.